Thursday 8 April 2010

Week Twentyyyy!

Monday: Sorted out the pattern for my trousers today. I thought it'd be pretty easy, but it took a while to remember how to do the facing. I've added on a turn-up to the bottom of the trousers, but I think they may be a little too long still, because the toile example is quite long in length already. I'm slightly confused as to how a turn-up actually works, but I'm hoping I've got it right. Because the actual shape of the trousers was taken from the pattern blocks I'm hoping the shape will fit alright without having to adjust it at all.
Wednesday: John bought in a load of his shirts today, which we had to discuss. The task was basically to define specific qualities about different shirts. For example, some of them were long-sleeved, some were short-sleeved. Some had prints, some didn't. Some were heavy-weight fabric, some were light-weight. And so on. It was quite interesting to see how many different qualities you could find in what may seem to be an 'ordinary men's shirt'.
Friday: Cracked on with my trousers today. Put them all together, they fit around the waist perfectly. However, as I'd suspected, the length is muchhhh too long. I thought they were going to be long, but not as long as they actually are. I'm quite happy with this problem. There could have been something much worse happen, at least shortening the legth of the trousers is nice and simple to fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment