Sunday 4 April 2010

Week EIGHTEEN...

Wednesday: B&M lecture, at first what was said didn't make all that much sense, because I missed the second half of last weeks lecture. I figured out which pages I'd missed, and I'm going to re-read them so that I can catch up properly. I managed to pick it up again and understood what was being explained throughout the lesson. I've started the research for my chosen store within my assignment, but I need to go into the store so that I can do some further research.
Thursday: Lesson on manipulating patterns in Lectra. The first thing I did was change the bodice pieces from the original t-shirt pattern into a vest. I made the shoulders a lot thinner, I lowered the front neckline and then lengthened the vest so that it was past hip-length. I didn't have any problems with this at all, I worked out which functions did what without trouble. After I'd changed the shapes, I tested to see if they worked by 'marrying' the front and back pieces together. I noticed that one of my pieces had a lower armhole because of the way I moved the shoulder in. I changed this little detail, and 'divorced' the pieces et voila, I had to perfectly fitting vest panels which I made all by myself! Although this wasn't technically part of the unit, I have decided to put the work into my folder as extra work.
Friday: Lectra deadline, I managed to get everything compltetly finished and handed in on time. Those of us who went to London Fashion Week were given an extended deadline, but I tried to work hard all this week so that I could get it handed in and not have to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment