Thursday 8 April 2010

Week Ninteeeeen.

Monday: Over the last couple of weeks I've been cracking on with designing for my CDP project, we have 100 designs minimum to achieve. I'm struggling with so many, as I like for the designs I produce to be good ones, not just any old design. Anyway, today we had to show our 'collection' to Karen and Pat, and chose which design I wanted to make. They both seemed happy with my choice, and also liked the fabric swatches and trimmings I have chosen for it. I went home a very happy bunny after this. Now to finish with the rest of the designs...
Wednesday: B&M lecture, today we all had to bring in some pairs of jeans and were talking about stock we'd order if we had our own stores and stuff. I must've not been myself 'cause I couldn't stop with the suggestions. I was annoying myself 'cause all I could hear was my voice! I quite enjoyed the lesson, it was nice to do something a bit more interesting than listen to John talking to us. We also got back our maths tests today. I didn't do fantasticly, but I would've still passed had it been real. I've never been great at maths so I think I did quite well.
Thursday: Started to create the pattern for my chosen outfit. Because the top is such a tight-fitting structured piece I figured it'd be easier to model on the stand use pattern pieces and adapt the shape. I think I've decided that modelling on the stand is my prefered way to pattern-cut. I tried to ignore the trouser pattern for the moment and am going to try that next week. I traced off the top panels and made paper patterns for it. I got out some calico and straight away got to making my first-draft top. As soon as I'd made it I put it on a manikin to see the fit and someone over my shoulder went 'that fits way to nicely for a first toile!' I was so pleased. I think the back needs to be slightly tighter and the bust section could do with being a little longer, but otherwise the fit is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment