Thursday 8 April 2010

Week Twenty-ONE.

Monday: Private study day, but I had to be in to model for some of the second years. Fortunately this gave me time to get a bit more work done in the little space there was left in the studio. I didn't get to do much, but every little helps.
Tuesday: Another private study day, and again I was in to model. This time I bought my laptop into uni to continue with the Buying & Merchandising essay, I'm pretty much finished with it now.
Wednesday: Final B&M lecture. I've grown to quite like John, even with his constant 'yeah'-ing. He found out today that I'm from the same county as he is, and he knows the hometown I'm from, so we had a bit of a chat about things back home. It was nice to talk to someone who knew what I was talking about for once. I've quite enjoyed these lectures and I think I've learnt quite a lot about Buying and Merchandising. I think I've come quite far in this area as I didn't enjoy the business side of things when I was in high school, and yet I got on well with this subject. I'm leaning more towards design for our second year, but I would take B&M into consideration.
Thursday: Lectra feedback today, I'm really pleased with my result. I thought that I'd only done enough work to scrape a pass and that the wording was all jumbled, but apparently I did quite well! Had a quite chat with Pat about the possibility of using Lectra for patterns in the future, which I think I would quite like to do. After this, I cracked on with my toile. My trousers in particular needed sorting as the length is miles too long. I think they'd fit someone my height in a pair of heels quite well, but they'd swamp anyone wearing flats!
Friday: Managed to sort my toile out completely today. As I was finished so soon I put a facing on my trousers and pressed it all properly. I've tried both pieces on a model and I think they fit quite well. The top looks like it could be slightly loose at the top of the bust, so I think I'm going to curve the seam so the shape fits better, I'll inform the tutors about this in my review as I don't see the point in making a third toile because of such a minor change.

No comments:

Post a Comment