Tuesday 13 October 2009

Week Two!

Monday: We've had an entire day to make a moodboard. Over the past week we had to choose a topic and research and gather materials for the topic, ready to make it. I think that mine came out alright in the end, but it's unfinished! I had a bit of a brain-wave halfway though and what I wanted to do involved stuff at home, so as soon as I've finished it, I'll upload the end photo.

Tuesday: So, we've had a lesson in Photoshop now. I've used it before, but a lot of the time I do things by accident, think it's cool, and not understand what on Earth it was I'd done to achieve that end product.
I took loads of notes, and asked lots of annoying questions, so this time I might remember!
I don't think this moodboard is actually that great, but I think that by the end of the course, I'll be able to look back and see how much I've improved. Hopefully!

Wednesday: Today we had a lesson on Illustrator. I don't think I find this as interesting as Photoshop, but it's something I'd like to learn and get into a bit more. I don't feel like I really followed the lesson properly, I still came out with the drawing we were meant to do, but I'm not sure I'll remember it very well. It was a shame that there wasn't a big screen that we could look at as Steve did the demonstrations because I couldn't really see what he was doing on the small screen.

Thursday: Moreee pattern cutting! This time, we didn't start out with paper patterns, we had cotton calico that we had to mould to the manequin's body to make our bodice shape. I've never made a pattern in this way, but I think I quite like the method. We then had to turn the fabric pattern into a paper pattern, which wasn't very exciting, but it's something you've gotta do! I'm looking forward to actually making the pattern into a proper bodice.

No comments:

Post a Comment