Wednesday 28 October 2009

Week Four!!!



Monday: Continued with the black & white themed project, I don't think my end garment came out exactly how I expected it to, I had to change it a bit. I think it came out alright, but there are definately things I would improve. I've done most of the sketchbook for this project but there are still things that I want to add to it.
Tuesday: Using illustrator we made a set of suits (card playing suits!) to practice our techniques and experiment with some new ones. I tried making a couple of the suits look really cool, but I don't think I've got the hang of illustrator enough 'cause mine don't look nearly as good as I'd planned them to!
Wednesday: More illustrator, this time we made a clock. Something pretty simple, but we used different techniques to come out with the end result. We also were shown how to change the format of our images so that they are easy to upload into our blogs.
Thursday: A day of pattern cutting, not really my favorite day of the week. This time we learnt about different types of darts. I now know how to remove a dart, how to move a dart from one place to another place and how to put in a new dart! I'm sure knowing that is going to come in handy in the future! Today we also found out about London Fashion Week, which is an exciting topic. To make sure things are fair we pulled names out of a hat, and I was one of them! It's going to be a fantastic opportunity and I am really looking forward to it.
Friday: Another day of pattern cutting, this time we worked on skirts. Our next garment to make is an a-line skirt, which we made a pattern for in this lesson. We used the technique of removing darts for this task and luckily I remembered what to do. We also learnt how to make a circle skirt, which was really easy. I got really confused when we were shown about a 1/4 circle, a 1/2 circle and a full circle skirt, but I think it was just too much learning for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment