Tuesday 6 October 2009

My induction week at AUCB


My first week at AUCB

At the end of the first week I decided I'd had an exciting, but boring week. A lot of what we had to do was based on introductions.
It was scary to have actually started university, but I was quite pleased to have got myself this far so I didn't let being scared affect me.
As you can expect, there were lots of people telling us what to do, when to do it, how to do it, where to go etc, which took up most of the first week and so we didn't actually manage to do much relating to the course, which was unfortunate.
We did at one point watch a video of a catwalk show which featured last years course collections. This really excited me because it showed me what sorts of things I could be achieving over the next year. I don't think I would mind too much if I didn't get any of my garments onto the catwalk in the first year, but it'd be a pretty great achievement if I did!
We also found out about how when London Fashion Week comes along, we may get the chance to help out. Apparently it's pretty hardcore, you've gotta be up at like, 4am and it's really busy and stuff, but it would be so amazing if I actually got to have a go at it!
On Thursday, we went on an outing to the beach. We weren't really told what we were doing, so none of us really knew what to expect, so when we drove for ages to get to Shell Bay, where we then walked for what felt like forever to get to a cafe, to another cafe, then to a pub, we were all a bit miffed. I guess it was good in a way, 'cause we all bonded over the complaining!
Overall, not the best first week, but we start properly next week and all the freshers events are happening so I'm sure it'll be a much better week all round.

1 comment: