Thursday 25 March 2010

Week Sixteen.

Monday: I really weren't feeling well this morning and almost didn't go into uni. I'm actually really glad that I did, because I enjoyed this mornings session a lot. Karen asked us all to find some photographs in the magazines from the studio which we were asked to draw from. I tried not to choose any too difficult, but I didn't want the models to be stood in a boring pose. To help myself, I drew onto the image where I thought the nine-heads would go, this made it easier to plan my model. Some of the angles in my image, for example the legs, were a bit off and needed to be tweeked, but I think otherwise my drawing came out quite well. We were set 'homework' and have to draw another three illustrations, but this time adding our own designs to the model, rather than using the ones from the magazine.
Tuesday: Today wasn't a particularly good day. We got our feedback from Karen's previous unit, FDP, which I know I didn't do a very good job of. As I expected, this showed in the mark. I'd expected to fail, so I'm quite relieved that I managed to pass anyway, but I'm still quite disappointed. I guess it's my own fault, if I'd put more work into the project in the first place, instead of rushing it at the last minute, I'd've got a much better mark. I've taken some notes so I know what to improve within the next unit, hopefully I'll have learnt from my mistake!
Wednesday: Lecture, same old, same old. I think I need to start writing this essay we've been set. I've not really had a look at it yet. I should at least start making notes, I'm not very good with essays.
Thursday: Today was a bit different, we had the jersey workshop. We were basically showed the different equipment that we would need to use for it, what results we could get from what machines etc. Everyone made little samples from testing out each machine and different settings on the overlocker. We also had a mini-t-shirt sample to test out, which was the neck-binding and cuff. I actually found it quite easy to do. I'm not fantastic with the overlocker though, I'm going to have to make sure I have a steady hand and take it slowwww for the real thing!
Friday: We got to use the 'plotter' in our Lectra session today. I've seen some of the second-years use the plotter before, it's very loud! So easy to use though, you push a few buttons and hey-presto, out comes the pattern pieces. Then when the pieces have all been drawn out, you just pull them away from the paper because they've been cut by the machine too! Brilliant invention, will save sooooo much time in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment