Thursday 25 March 2010

Week Seventeen!!

Monday: Back in with our homework! I didn't colour in my illustrations, because I'm not great at colouring-in and I didn't want to ruin them - I like what I've drawn! I drew two models with designs I'd already created, and put a new design idea on the third model. We all shared the illustrations between everyone else in the class, there are some really fantastic artists in our group! I think I will definately use this magazine-style technique in the future because it makes the figures look flexible and free. Also today we looked at Oni, one of the assistants' old work. She was a student at AUCB like us, so she showed us some of the sketchbooks from her time at AUCB. They were fantastic, and if I'm honest, they've really scared me. My sketchbooks aren't exactly good in the first place, seeing these have worried me. I've got some ideas of things I could do in my sketchbook to improve the work that I do though, so hopefully I've benefitted from it.
Tuesday: Eeeeep, capitals presentations today! I'd prepared a few slides, my part of the presentation was based on the fashion within Australia. Not the actual designers and garments, but I looked into the fashion week and fashion festivals which take place. I tried to make my part of the presentation really effective with bits flying in from the sides and coming up as I talk, but I mucked it up while talking and got in a bit of a panic. I managed to keep my cool though, got to the end of my part and let the rest of the group continue. I also put in a video about the fashion week, which got us a few bonus points because I don't think anyone else in the group had used that idea. I think the worst thing was that one of the members thought we were doing Austria, rather than Australia and had to change her slide at the last minute. It was completely different to the others 'cause we didn't have time to put it together properly, I think this spoilt it a little bit. I'm just glad to have it out of the way, I don't feel very confident talking in front of lots of people unless it's something I'm confident I know a lot about.
Link to presentation, first two slides were created by me.
Wednesday: I only got to sit in for half of this session, as I had a train to catch for London Fashion Week and had to leave early. We were given mathematical questions to figure out the answers for, which I didn't quite complete, but I thought I'd done pretty well considering it's been about 4 years since I last did maths! We get the results next week hopefully, I want to know how well I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment