Wednesday 27 January 2010

Week Thirteen!

Monday: So, here's the first deadline of the year. Communications in Black and White, and the Melting Pot projects are complete and handed in. I think I've done ok with the Black and White one, but the Melting Pot isn't too fantastic so I'm a little worried about not passing this part of the course. We don't find out our grades for a few weeks yet, which I find a silly as now whatever mistakes I made with those projects, I'm going to make with the Manifesto's project too 'cause I don't know what I've done wrong! But ah well, not much can be done.
Tuesday: Apparently today was the date for the Fashion Capitals presenation we're meant to have done. I don't think anyone really knew it though, so the deadline has been pushed back a few weeks. I weren't really in a group before, so I feel better now that I'm in one and I can start with some proper research. Our group are doing Austrailia, which will be nice as I don't really know a lot about Austrailian fashion.
Wednesday: Our first proper lecture was today! I think our lecturer, John Maynard seems quite nice, he knows a lot more than I expected him to know! I'm not sure how I'm going to do with this unit, I'm not overally fantastic at concentrating on people talking at me, or being able to write essays... I just about managed with Business Studies at ALevel. So far, what's been said makes sense, but I'm not sure what's in store for the future.
Thursday: Another new unit, Lectra. I'm not entirely sure what is included in this unit, all I really know is that it's a program we use on the computer. We started off all together, learning stuff about the program and how to label pattern pieces and stuff, then we split into groups to do this thing on the Lectra board... I can't remember what it's called... digitising? Maybe... anyway, and we traced the pattern piece with this remote control and up on the computer, appeared my pattern piece. Very clever. I'm sure this is going to be a really handy tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment