Monday 25 January 2010

Week Ten.

Monday: Trip to Somerset House in London. One of my favorite artworks shown was the video when we first entered the exhibition which was by Nick Night, where he pulled an outfit to shreads and covered it in paint and stuff. The expression in it was really interesting. I think the best bit about this exhibition was the photoshoot that we could watch. The room was closed off and we had windows we could watch through, where there were photographers from ID magazine taking photos for future magazine articles. It was incredible being able to see what the photographers do, how the models act and react and how the photos are edited.
The rest of the day was quite poorly organised in my opinion, as we were left as Somerset House to go off and do whatever for the rest of the afternoon. We ended up finding our way to the V&A museum to look at the fashion on show there, which, even though I've seen it all before, it's still nice to go back and look at things I may not have noticed before.
Overall, I don't think I personally got much out of this day.
Tuesday: Our debate on Eco-Fashion. I'm not much of a public speaker, so I spent most of the day worrying about participating in the debate. I had prepared a sheet of paper with some facts to bring up in the debate, but found out that morning a few others got their facts from the same sites, which worried me. Fortunately, the debate went really well. I don't think I managed to express many of my points, but I think that as a group we all worked together quite well.
Wednesday: First deadline, for illustrator. It seems like we've not really done all that much, and yet I've done all the work we were supposed to do. Looking back, I realise I have learnt quite a bit, but I'm quite pleased to be rid of it now.
Thursday: Cut out the shirt pieces today and started putting it all together. Got as far as the darts in the front and back of the panels. It's pretty scary getting on with something that I'm not being helped through. I know what I'm doing so far, but I worried about making big mistakes.
Friday: Yep, made a big mistake. Printed the interfacing onto the wrong side of the facing. Uni were also out of the fabric we were using, so I got a bit paniced for a while, but I found a bit of extra fabric luckily, so fixing the problem was quite easy. I got a bit behind, but I should be able to catch up alright in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment