Tuesday 24 November 2009

Week Sixxx,

Monday: Got a new project brief today: Melting Pot. It's based on different cultures, mixing some together. At the moment, I like the idea of mosaics. I'm looking into Roman and Greek fashion trends, new and old, and what is on the catwalks at the moment which could relate to my idea. In the lesson we also had a look at some artworks which could relate. I didn't find any that particularly related to Roman or Greek fashion, but I did find one which was beautiful and I think I can still work it into my project.
Tuesday: In illustrator we chose a trainer and had to trace around it with the pen tool. When we had a full tracing we had to experiment how to change the colours of the trainer. I tried a few with colours from the colour palette, but I also used a few images that I got from the internet and made some swatches which used colour and patterns. I really enjoyed this task and I think it'll come in handy in the future.
Wednesday: Continued working on logos and advertisement from previous lesson. I'm not sure I really like this task, I don't really know how to make an advertisement and it's not really interesting me anymore. However, I am happy with how the piece of work has ended up so far and though I know there are things I could do to make it better, I am happy with how it looks.
Thursday: In pattern cutting we learnt to make an ordinary sleeve piece into a puffy sleeve, by adding more fabric into the shoulder and cuff. If I were to make the sleeve, it would involve a lot of gathering. I think this would be really good to add onto a garment that is fairly plain, and add a bit of oomph. We also learnt how to put button holes onto a garment. There's no guessing about it, there are numbers involved, and unfortunately for me, I'm no good with maths! All I remember is that it's something to do with pi... good job I have my book to use as a reference!
Friday: Back to construction, we got our a-line skirt pattern out and started making it. For this skirt we have to put in an invisible zip, which was the task we worked hard on in this lesson. I'm not really a fan of zips... don't know what it is, I'm just scared of them. I'm actually really pleased with how well my zip came out though, which I think has made me more confident now. In this lesson we also worked on some stuff about interfacing. I've used interfacing before, but I never knew how many types there were! I've definately learnt a lot more about what types you use for what and where...

No comments:

Post a Comment